Zadar is a city on the Adriatic coast, and center of broad regional complex of north Dalmatia and Lika. In Zadar You will be able to participate in cultural events, festivals, sports and entertainment activities, visit one of the many marinas or try some of the local specialties in restaurants.
In a city that has a long history, You can see many sights, a unique architectural achievement – Sea Organ – combination of architecture and music or stunning installation – Greetings to the Sun.
We reccomend You to visit:
- Church of St. Donatus – The most famous monument and symbol of the city. It is also the most famous monumental edifice in Croatia from the early mediaeval.
- Kalelarga – or Wide Street, is the main and most famous street of Zadar, which prolongs in east-west direction, from the People’s Square to the Forum.
- Cathedral of St. Anastasia
- The City Walls and Gates of Zadar
- Rector´s and Proveditor´s Palace
- The building of the University
- Sea Organ – they are recognized as differently shaped coast in several rows of stairs descending to the sea. Sound of Sea organ are formed by effect of energy of the sea, waves and tides. Above the canal are formed stone stairs through which sound comes out – the air pushed by the sea.
- Greetings to Sun – It is located next to the Sea Organ. Greetings to Sun consists of three hundred multilayer glass plates situated on the same level with paved promenade in a form of circle in diameter of 22 meters. Under glass plates there are solar voltages modules through which is achieved symbolic communication with nature and sun. At the same time with sunset lighting round sorted are turning on and generate special program show of light in the rhythm of the waves and the sound of Sea Organ.